Clipped from: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/
AAI has made it must for passengers to download Aarogya Setu app on their phones.
The Airport Authority of India has come out with a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to be followed by passengers as the domestic flights resume operations from May 25.
Among other steps, passengers won’t be allowed to use trolleys unless absolutely necessary and they have to walk in through a designated screening zone before entering the terminal building. There will be more staff, more gates and more X-Ray machines.
Meanwhile, the government came up with guidelines for passengers which include only one check-in baggage and no in-flight meals.
Between two metros, flights will be allowed with only one third capacity. Between a metro and a non-metro with over 100 flights, one-third capacity will be allowed and between two non-metros airlines will be free to decide capacity.
To monitor airfare over the next three months, the fare structure of flights will be decided based on corresponding rail fares. The Civil Aviation Ministry will also be fixing the lowest and highest fare charge, based on flight duration.
For example, in the Delhi-Mumbai route, the lower limit has been set at Rs 3500 and the higher limit at Rs 10,000.
Here are some of the most important steps that AAI has asked the passengers to follow:
1. State governments and local administration to ensure availability of proper public transport and private taxies for providing vital connectivity to the Aiport for passengers as well as Airport/Airline staff.
2. Kerb Area/ City side traffic/ Car parking area should be strictly monitored in coordination with traffic police/ CISF staff to prevent congestion and to maintain social distancing.
3. For commuting to and from airport, both by staff and passengers, only the personal vehicles or select authorized taxi services/ transport services with restricted seating to be permitted.
4. Passengers should reach airport well in advance. They should reach airport two hours before the schedule time of departure and the passengers who departure in next 4 hours will only be allowed to enter the Terminal Building. All passengers should wear required protective gears such as masks, gloves etc.
5. All the departing passengers must compulsorily be registered with Aarogya Setu app on their mobile phones and the same shall be verified by CISF/Airport staff at the entry gate. However, the app is not mandatory for children below age of 14 years.
6. Passengers shall compulsorily walk through the screening zone for thermal screening at a designated place in the city side before entering the terminal building.
7. Use of trolleys to be discouraged, unless absolutely necessary.
8. Wheelchair and underage travelers will be assisted by staff in full protection gear.
9. Seating arrangement in-flight should be done keeping in mind social distancing norms…unavailable seats to be marked off with tape. Middle seats need not be left vacant.
10. All food and retail kiosks can open, but with proper norms. Takeaway encouraged.
11. Disembarking to be done in batches to avoid crowding. All airport staff to have PPE.
12. All airports to have isolation area with proper medical staff in case anyone in the building, passenger or staff, shows symptoms and once you land you have to adhere to the health protocols of that state.