With the government finalising on rolling out the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime+ from July 1, is your business ready for the transition? Well, if you have created an email or Facebook account for yourself, the migration process should be a breeze for you.
Here is your 10-step guide for the same:
1) Log on to http://www.aces.gov.in using your existing Automation of Central Excise and Service (ACES) ID and password.
2) Click on link to view your provisional ID and Password
3) Log on to GST common portal at http://www.gst.gov.in and Click on ‘New user’ and tick the ‘I agree’ box and click ‘Continue’
4) Enter Provisional ID, Password, captcha code and login
5) Enter e-mail ID and mobile number to receive OTP (One Time Password)
6) Enter OTP and continue to create new user ID and password
7) Fill security questions and submit
8) Fill all details like ‘Business Details’, ‘Promoters and Partners’, ‘Authorised Signatory’, “place of business’, ‘Additional Business’, ‘Bank Account’ ‘Goods and Services’ etc. in Form 20
9) Upload supporting details and submit using Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) or e-signature
10) Voila… This will fetch you your Application Reference Number (ARN)- your ticket to migrate to GST
Screen grabs courtesy: YouTube channel of GST_INDIA