- Ruling out any delay for July 1 GST roll out, GST council today discussed and approved six set of rules including decision on e-way bills, GST returns and tax rates on lotteries and hotels in its 17th meeting today.
- Giving some relief, Council has also decided to give relaxation of 2 months for filing of GST returns.
- “GST rate of 28 per cent would be applicable for hotel rooms above Rs 7,500. GST on restaurants in these hotels will be at par with other air-conditioned restaurants,” Jaitley said.
- “State-run lotteries will be taxed at 12 per cent and private lotteries will be taxed at 28 per cent,” he said.
- On e-way bills, Finance Minister said further deliberation is needed as the Council had 2 opinions over the issue, till then an alternative or transient rule will prevail. “Till approval of final rules, an alternate e-way bill will be introduced to allow the states with their current system,” he added.
- GST council also approved anti-profiteering rule.
- Council also ruled out any further revision of GST rates .
via GST: GST Council gives relaxation of 2 months for filing of GST returns – The Economic Times