Changing the photo on your Aadhaar card does not require any documentation. It could take up to 90 days for the information to be updated in Aadhaar.
Aadhaar is a 12-digit identification number given by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). According to the UIDAI, residents can get their biometrics (like photograph, iris scan) updated if the Aadhaar authentication is failed due to faulty biometric capture or poor biometric quality obtained upon enrolment.
While demographic details such as name, address, date of birth/age, gender, mobile number, and email address can be updated online, for biometric updates, one has to visit the Aadhaar Enrollment centre for updation. Biometric information includes iris, finger prints and facial photograph.
Here is how you can change or update your photograph in your Aadhaar.
Step 1: To update your photo, you must first download the Aadhaar Enrolment Form from the UIDAI website. Click here to get the form:
Step 2: Fill the required details and submit at the nearest Aadhaar enrollment center
Step 3: A center executive will authenticate the information and capture a new photo.
Step 4: You need to pay Rs 100 plus GST to avail this service.
Step 5: Collect the acknowledgment slip with the number of the update request (URN).
On the UIDAI’s official website, you can use the URN to check the status of your Aadhaar update.
Points to note
- Changing the photo on your Aadhaar card does not require any documentation.
- You do not need to submit a photograph because the executive takes one using the camera on the spot.
- It could take up to 90 days for the information to be updated in Aadhaar.
- Using the URN provided on the Acknowledgement Slip, you can verify the progress of your Aadhaar update online.
- Through the Self Service Update Portal, there is no way to modify the photo on your Aadhar card online (SSUP).
For demographic updates, residents can use the self-Service online mode to change their addresses, and they can do it immediately on the portal. To access the portal, the resident’s Aadhaar ID and registered mobile number are necessary.