The Economic Times Digital Payments Forum presented by Mastercard is conducting an exclusive session for senior managers and decision-makers from the Fintech, Finance, Consultancy, and Banking space.
While the benefits for tech-enabled businesses are obvious, small businesses don’t necessarily have the resources to make large investments in technology. In addition, they have been adversely affected by the pandemic and are struggling for survival.
To address credit woes of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and look atfintechas the emerging solution in the new digital era, The Economic Times Digital Payments Forum presented by Mastercard is conducting an exclusive session for senior managers and decision-makers from the Fintech, Finance, Consultancy, and Banking space.
To evaluate what the Government and technology companies can do to help small businesses carve out a growth path for themselves, a panel of experts will discuss how digital technology and small businesses can profitably marry.
The panel will have Rajeev Kumar, Senior VP- Market Development, South Asia, Mastercard, Anil Bhardwaj, Secretary General, FISME Labs and Kalpana Balasubramanian, CEO & Chief Thinker, Grant Thornton dGTL as speakers to raise concerns faced by Indian MSMEs.
Subhash Chandra Garg, Former Economic Affairs Secretary and Finance Secretary, Nitish Asthana, President & COO, Pine Labs and Sundeep Mohindru, CEO, M1 Xchange will also join the panel as speakers.
Dialogue titled “The Fintech Solution to Small Business Credit Woes” will deliberate on the benefits of digitalisation beyond ease of transactions. Other key areas of discussion include:
- How can fintech companies enable small businesses to access cheaper credit, especially working capital?
- The biggest concern of MSMEs in India are receivables. And there are digital platforms to help them with that such as TReDS. How can MSMEs be persuaded to benefit from such technology?
- The three big problems faced by SMBs in India are regulations, access to funds and GST. Is technology adoption the solution to all three?
- What are the challenges fintech companies face in lending to SMEs?
- How can fintech companies increase their reach to small businesses?
The dialogue will be moderated by Alokesh Bhattacharyya, Senior Editor, The Economic Times and Suchetana Ray, Senior Assistant Editor, The Economic Times. To register for the exclusive session on April 23, 3:00 PM, click here.