Clipped from: https://taxguru.in/chartered-accountant/process-documents-required-obtaining-digital-signature-certificate-dsc.html
What is DSC?
Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) is the most popular and convenient mode of signing any document. DSC is the digital method to sign the document. Use of DSC has been very common in the recent times. Even various regulatory authorities have made DSC a valid source for signing documents. Recently BSE has also released a circular wherein certain disclosures to BSE has to compulsorily made by affixing DSC.
DSC is a pen drive having a personal signature with self generated password. Upon affixing DSC in the pen drive slot of the Computer, one can choose the place where the signature has to be affixed and after that the pop up for password shall come. Once the password is entered, the document is digitally signed along with the date and time of signing the document.
Documents required for obtaining DSC:
For obtaining DSC, the person is required to provide the following documents:
1. Full name
2. Date of Birth
3. PAN Card
4. Aadhar Card
5. Mobile No. for receiving OTP
6. Personal Email id
7. Passport (mandatory in case of foreign national)
8. Driving License (mandatory in case of foreign national)
Once the DSC is processed, the person receives the two verification links:
1. Email Verification: Upon clicking on the link, a OTP will be received on the registered Email. Once the OTP is entered, Email verification is done.
2. Video Verification: For video verification, one shall receive another link, wherein the person who has applied for DSC, will get 30seconds for recording the video and he/she shall mandatorily have to speak out his/her name and show the documents mentioned above.
Upon successful verification, DSC will be generated.